About Hartwell School
A 2-8 neighborhood school and a Community Learning Center — "Little School - Big Heart" — Hartwell school is committed to delivering strong instruction with an emphasis on rigor, engagement and use of technology.
Students in grades K-1 who live in Hartwell's attendance boundary attend classes at Rising Stars at Carthage, 125 W. North Bend Road, 45216.
At Hartwell School we will prepare 100% of our students for success in high school with the ability to pursue their chosen career path.
In order to reach this vision we will:
- Provide a safe and collaborative learning environment that is conducive to student learning and growth
- Utilize data to identify areas of strength and weakness in order to provide remedial and enrichment opportunities to meet the needs of all students
- Implement best practice instructional strategies each day for all students
- Integrate technology in order to improve teaching and learning
- Act as role models for students in order to prepare our students for life beyond the content areas
- Provide clear and regular communication with families and the community relevant to goals, progress and our mission
- Connect students and families to available resources in an effort to ensure that all needs are me
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Hartwell.
Our Resource Coordinator
Debra Chambers is the Resource Coordinator for Hartwell School.
The key component of a CLC is the partners who provide services and support. To manage and align these valuable partnerships, our full-time, on-site Resource Coordinator, Debra Chambers plays an integral role in the success of the Community Learning Center.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Debra Chambers at (513) 363-2300 or via email.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-2300.